South Bay Karaoke Group Message Board › 2012 - SBK's Year In Review

2012 - SBK's Year In Review

Ellie
user 8947909
Group Organizer
Santa Clara, CA
Happy New Year's Eve to all my South Bay Karaoke Group friends! I thought it would be good to recap this excellent year for our awesome members. In short, 2012 was a stunningly awesome year for SBK. We roared into 2012 on the heels of our first ever New Year's Eve Party.  Then, we had over 100 meetups and saw our membership level rise to over 650 members. We celebrated our Five Year Anniversary at DJ Randy's house with over 30 people! We dominated the Hot San Jose Nights karaoke competition in July. We enjoyed numerous mini-marathons such as Pub Crawl Week (7 nights) Cinco De Mayo Mannia (5 nights) and the Rising Sun Trio (3 nights).

We honored the Olympics with a never done before muticultural mulitingual karaoke night during which your Organizer sang songs in 5 different languages! We also sang with a live band at Neto's, "occupied" Chevy's in Saratoga, held numerous potlucks & birthday parties and brought our A game to every single meetup. Members of SBK won prizes at every sing karaoke contest they participated in.  We even faced down the End of the World and lived to tell about it. In short, we ROCKED 2012 into submission.

So, thank you, my dear SBK frineds, for making 2012 so memorable. And, watch out, 2013, because HERE WE COME!