Let's talk food photography with our special guest awesome professional photographer Claire Barrett.
Food photography has never been more popular....the simple hashtag #food has over 40 million images on Instagram. In today's food culture we no longer simply eat out of necessity...we want to savor and experience food as art....and we want photographic evidence of the food we enjoy! A few key points will help you create a perfect recipe for your food photography. In this meeting Claire will discuss:
• How to understand and evaluate light
• How to use the minimum amount of equipment
• Basic Composition and Exposure Rules
• And how to add a large dash of creativity to Style your food!
She will also discuss how to tell beautiful Editorial food " stories".
We ask for donations are $5 for regular meetings for meetings with speakers. Every meeting costs money, so the donations are appreciated as always. Donations are voluntary but requested.
Each meeting involves a little bit of show and tell. We used to run contests every meeting, and we'll do that sometimes - but mostly we'll have projects and get to show and discuss our work.
SUBMISSIONS: Send your photos directly to me at
mhnicholas1 at gmail.com.
- Down rez them (remember, the projector's resolution is limited to about 1200 x 800), turn them into jpegs and place their quality at 80 percent. This will give us healthy, but not too massive of files. Remember the rules ... see below!
Photo must be taken after the assignment - so you have between now and the meeting.
Prize: for contests... the winner gets something. Sometimes it's a material something. Sometimes just spiritual.
Ok folks - photo submission time! See you soon,
This month's project - food (of course)