Please join us for the
SOUTH BAY RAW
Breakfast and Lunch!
(#2 of 2 holiday parties)
Saturday, Dec 22nd, 8am-2:30am (arrive anytime, see agenda below)
(Note our NEW address -- we moved Dec 1st!)
Let's celebrate the holidays by having breakfast and lunch together. See the full agenda, below.
8am to 10:30am:
I'll have my juice machine, Vitamix and food processor available for everyone to use. We'll make an rawnog, pumpkin pie smoothie, and so much more. Will be good for one or two others to bring their Vitamix or Blendtec and juice machine.
Together we'll make juices and smoothies. Bring any item to put in a juice or smoothie and we'll make something with the food that shows up.
I have a variety of raw food cookbooks for us to get ideas from. Also, feel free to bring a favorite book and we'll make something from it.
Or, bring a ready made drink to share.
NOTE: I suggest that we all have taste tester size servings, not big glassfuls. There's no need to start the day off on the wrong foot with over doing it.
And it's okay to bring cooked quinoa, rice, or other grain and we'll make a breakfast porridge.
11am to 2:30pm
Briksha will share his conscious breathing techniques with us. Then we'll have a potluck lunch. See more info about Briksha, below.
AGENDA (arrive anytime)
8am - 10:30am Breakfast (juice, smoothies, porridge)
11am - 12.30pm Briksha will lead us in a conscious breathing meditation for more energy and peace.
12:30pm - 2:30pm Potluck, and Briksha will lead a discussion on how to create health. And, he will talk about his yogi chef course.
Donation for Briksha: $5-15 (nobody will be turned away for lack of funds)
Donations for our MeetUp group is separate, see info, below.
Briksha aka Mahendra
Integral Breathwork Meditation Coach and Wellness Cuisine Chef
What is Integral yogic way of eating?
“Integral Yogic way of Eating` is an invitation to consider ` Eating matters`; therefore it is sacred act like anything else in life. Eating is integral part of life. It uses eating not only an act of body and hence it is mundane, and it does not matter, but of whole being and therefore it matters not only for Individual but also for society and planet and for spiritual life. From the view of integral yoga eating is function of body(I quadrant) , and also a function of mind-heart and spirit (II quadrant) and also of culture, society and community ( III quadrant) and finally it is the function of environments and the planet(IV quadrant) Therefore integral Yogi , ask question, before s/he eats-is this act of eating good for self, other and the planet? If answer come no, that act of eating is not integral yogic eating. This way of eating is one of the powerful practices to do less harming (ahimsa) and develop reverence for life.
Integral Yoga way of eating emphasis - how we eat, where we eat, when we eat, what we eat and why we eat-has effect on our evolutionary unfolding as spiritual being.
Using the age old wisdom of yoga and Integral vision as developed by Sri Aurovindo and Ken willbur with modern new paradigm of nutrition, (as brought by some pioneers like Dr. Gabriel Cousens, Dr David Jubb, Joel Fuhrman, Michal Pollan Dr. T. Etc) this training will be an attempt to provide a guideline to use eating that enhances our healing and unifying process.
Our monthly gathering is a time to meet fellow South Bay raw foodies, to help and support each other get started or stay on the path to a raw vegan lifestyle. We always have interesting demos, conversations. We all learn from each other.
BRING A DISH TO SHARE:
- Please bring a raw vegan dish that can serve 4 to 6 people.
- Please bring a list of the ingredients to put along side your dish. This list can also include any info that describes the name of the dish & its ingredients. Fyi - I have name plates that hold a paper size of 5 inches wide and 1.5 inches deep. ....and have paper, too.
- We encourage you to get creative, make your own, a favorite dish from your favorite raw cook book, or blogger, or other. Feel free to write the group for ideas.
- Food guidelines/ingredients:
- Some processed foods are okay, yet keep them to a minimum - like canned coconut milk, maple syrup, brown sugars.
- Agave-free is best.
- No white sugar.
- Seasonal, local, organic, sustainable, biodynamic, fair trade is best.
- If you have questions, just send me an email, or post it on the groups message board.
- If you are new to raw food -and want/need to keep it simple- you can bring fruits, cut veggies or a simple salad w/a raw dressing.
I will put out a 'donation jar' to help pay for the monthly MeetUp fee, this donation is optional and the amount you put in is totally up to you.
We'll celebrate all the creations (both food and drink), and will give a special nod to:
- the dish/drink that exceeds in flavor, texture and/or looks
- the dish/drink that exceeds in creativity (feel free to bring props, b/c creativity includes flavor, the process and the presentation)
- the person who stretched the most (we'll give a bow to the one(s) who went waaay outside their comfort zone)
- the most s i m p l e, yet tasty and creative dish/drink (this could be a single food item that came from your backyard)
- the dish/drink that falls under the 'difficult' category (qualifiers for this category are too toooo many to name)
- the dish/drink that falls under the 'most outrageous' category (qualifiers for this category are unknown to name)
- the dish/drink that _______. I'm sure - at the table - we'll come up with more special nods.
Joni Sare, SBR's organizer, will host this event.
At Lumina House#2, Monte Court, Cupertino, 95014
Phone number is[masked]-joni 
Need more info? Call me, Joni Sare, your host:[masked]-joni 
JoniSare at gmail dot com