Come to the 13th Annual Open House and Fly-in at South County Airport! This is a fun, all-day event for families, aviation enthusiasts, and anyone interested or curious.
Highlights of the day include:
- Free tethered hot air balloon rides (at 7 am, weather permitting)
- Free Young Eagles Airplane Rides (ages 8 to 17, from 10 to 2 - register at www.eaa62.org/ye-signup.php)
- A variety of airplanes on display
- Radio-controlled model aircraft demonstrations
- Square dancing
- Free air museum tours
- Airplane model building
- Food all day (starting with an 8 am pancake breakfast)
SCAPA (South County Airport Pilots Association) will be there with a table, so stop by and say hello.
SCAPA members are invited to volunteer to help make this event a success. Volunteers are needed to display your airplane, to pilot Young Eagle flights, to serve on the ramp operations safety crew, and to help with set-up and tear-down. If you can support, please let us know when you RSVP, or contact SCAPA leader Jim Petersen (408)[masked] to learn more.