The Southeast Ukers Message Board › Books I've found helpful

Books I've found helpful

Christine K.
Columbus, OH
Post #: 119
Just sharing some ukulele books/online resources with the person sitting next to me at yesterday's Wai meetup.... figured I'd send this to our world fwiw. I tried to post on facebook but am not yet approved - I promise I'll be nice!

Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp - Print off the booklet on the left to get some great practice chord progressions that sound nice. Good for learning chords and warm up. My very fave ukulele resource of all time!

Howlin' Hobbit's Ukulele Exercises - click on "Ukulele Exercises" under 'Ukulele Chord Exercises'. These are da' bomb. Every song in the Daily Ukulele is covered by these (OK, I'm exaggerating, but not much). In particular the "I, IV, V" progressions are there, that's what we were going over at the beginning of the jam. His home page has other cool info too.

Ukulele Underground - a super ukulele forum. I've dabbled in others but always come back to ukulele underground. Really great for finding ukulele jams when you're traveling. How do you think I found Southeast Ukers a couple of years ago? Your group has never been the same.

"Treasury of Ukulele Chords" by Roy Sakuma. Lots of alternative ways to play chords.

"Ukulele Fretboard Roadmaps" by Fred Sokolow and Jim Beloff. A tutorial style book that teaches chord patterns. In particular it teaches about chords that have the same finger shape on the fretboard - very helpful for us slow chord changers.

There are a gazillion great ukulele books out there, these happen to be the ones I use, they were recommended to me by Moses Kamai, he's a ukulele player in Northern Virginia (NoVA Ukulele Ensemble). They have a good meetup if you're ever up that way.

Until next time - Aloha!

Christine Kellogg
Christine K.
Columbus, OH
Post #: 120
To add to the list.... I almost forgot about 'Chord Magic': Chord Magic.

BTW I requested to join the Facebook page over a week ago?