align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
David B.
spadesking
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 71
I am told Bridge is a lot like spades. Or at least if you know spades Bridge is easy to learn.

I am organizer of DFW spades which services the spades needs on the south and west side of metroplex.

A couple of my people have expressed a desire to have a bridge night. Most likely location would be in the midcities area. Most likely venue would be an IHOP or a Fuddruckers. Date and time are yet to be determined. Though there is a preference for IHOP and Friday evening. And no consideration be given for any evening that conflicts with normal spades meetups of either Dallas or DFW spades groups.

If you play bridge and would like to meet some other people who play let me know. If enough interest is shown I will post the event here in this discussion and on my DFW spades group.
A former member
Post #: 6
Hey David ...Bridge is like Spades? cool...i'm just getting into card games so i'll try Bridge ....please advertise your Bridge plans so i can see if i can make it... thanks phil
David B.
spadesking
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 75
Bridge meetups have been scheduled most Friday evenings located at the IHOP located at I-30 and Eastchase. That is just east of 820 in the shopping center with Target and on opposite side of interstate from Wal-Mart.

Erin is hosting these and says they have been running about 8 people per meetup and that was without officially advertising. I know this is a bit of a drive for those living in Dallas but both Erin and I happen to live a few minutes from this IHOP.

Reading my original post one point could be a little confusing so to clarify. None of the bridge meetups will ever be on the same night as my spades meetup which occurs every 5th Friday or the Dallas spades meetups occurring on Saturday.

Some of you may remember me as I used to be fairly regular making it over to Fuddruckers to play. Have not made it in some time but hopefully my schedule will allow me to get over there soon.

http://www.meetup.com...­