Andrew
user 7575027
Adelaide, AU

Hola Todos,

As many will have noticed, my attendance at our meetups in the German Club has dropped off in recent months.    This is simply a result of work pressure and other interests increasing.

I have come to the decision that after nearly 4 years it is time for me to resign from the organiser role, and for another member, or group of members, to take over.

I very much wish the group to continue, so please note the following:

- We have funds for the next 4 payments to the Meetup organisation, for the web page, and I have enquired as to whether we can pay up front to allow the group to continue with only a very light touch from a new organiser, until March 2015.    Do you think this would be a good idea, if possible?

- The meetup web system allows for appointing of assistant organisers.  I would be happy to continue in this role temporarily to assist a new organiser in settling in.

- The role is not onerous, now that the meetups are all set to self repeat.   I haven't been editing the attendance, which is a good idea to give newcomers a true impression of the group, but this is easy to do.

- We get a lot of inactive members, and I periodically purge any who have no activity (log ins, RSVP's, etc) in the previous 12 months.   I will do this again shortly, so that the new organiser has an up to date membership list.

- The organiser gets a steady trickle of enquiries from prospective new members, occasional spammers, (who can be banned from membership), occasional salespeople etc.   These are generally very easy to respond to.    I removed my phone number from the web page some months ago.    Since then, this aspect has been very easily managed.

- Please feel free to volunteer as the next organiser.   I'm not sure how we should 'approve' the next organiser, probably just allow a period for others to step forward, or make comments.   Please let me know your thoughts on this.   Replies to this email are set to come directly to me, rather than via the website.  Please get in touch.

- I will make a point of attending the next meetup, so we can discuss.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Andrew