addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Richard B.
user 9502145
Adelaide, AU
¡Hola todos!
The drinks night at Casablabla was a great success and as such many members have suggested that it be a more regular thing. I am aware that some would like it there every time, however my concern with this would be the noise levels for beginner speakers.  I know that I used to have a lot of trouble in noisy places.
I suggest that it would be good to hold it there every second or third time.  What do you all think?
Any and all suggestions on this and any other aspect of the group are welcome.  It's our group, we can make it what we want.
¡Prospero año nuevo!
Sophie
user 7517685
Adelaide, AU
Post #: 5
I think it would be good to occasionally have a different location, or even a different day/time every now and then. Some people have said that the band that plays at the German club can make it difficult to hear conversations.
A former member
Post #: 5
This is my reply to a message by Peter Strous

Hola Pedro,

Yo estoy en completo acuerdo con lo que dices.

"In general I believe the meetups at the German club are really well attended to, not? The venue suits speaking, practicing Spanish quite well and that probably contributes to the success. It has a long standing tradition that is build on. I personally would be reluctant to change that. Currently we have a simple regular system that seems to suit most really."

The German club is very suited with low noise, easy parking, economic drinks and all the other factors you mentioned.

If someone wants to organize an additional meeting at a pub, that is his / her right but I will not be attending, I have difficulty in having conversations in noisy places and I hate having to pay expensive parking or having to walk for several blocks to go to a venue in the middle of the city when there is a more convenient alternative.

Un feliz y prospero ano nuevo para todos.
A former member
Post #: 6
I think one of the reasons why people want to change the venue is because we are stuck in our chairs and cannot interact with other people we would like to.

I am copying below my comment about Jan 2 meeting.

It was clear to me today that the sitting arrangement works against allowing people to interact with more than the close neighbors. Sometimes you would like to talk to some person sitting five chairs away but we cannot do it.
I offer some solutions.
One. have some sort time slot, perhaps ½ or ¼ of an hour at which someone say time to move and all the men get up while the women stay in their places and then go and sit in another chair to talk to someone else they have not talked in the evening. At the second occasion the roles are inverted with the women standing up and moving and so on …. If someone want to keep talking to another person they perhaps can move to another table for a while and come back to the main table when they feel like it.

Two. Do not sit but stand up so you can move around freely. We can still leave our jackets or bags, etc. on the table but talk in small groups standing up around the main table.

I have modified my view about alternative venue in the sense that if there is a problem with the German club objecting to our standing instead of sitting then perhaps we can look at an alternative.