addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
James H.
jrhaney
Dallas, TX
Hello, everyone!

I'm sorry for the recent spam on our website, which apparently gets emailed to a lot of members. It doesn't sound as though Meetup.com is doing anything to address this issue. So to stop it from happening anymore, I've disabled all "Ideas" on our Meetup site.

The kinds of events and suggestions that were being made as "Ideas" can still be posted to the message boards. The advantage and disadvantage of the message boards is that members don't get emailed when new posts get put up. If you make a suggestion on the message board, it might be worthwhile to search for a few members you think might agree with you and try to email them directly.

Sorry again for the recent spam, and sorry for the inconvenience of having to shut off "Ideas".

I hope everyone's doing well in Dallas. I miss y'all.

--James