The San Antonio Spanish Language Meetup Group Message Board › Spanish Meetup Friday, April 12, 7-8:30PM, La Taza Coffee House

Spanish Meetup Friday, April 12, 7-8:30PM, La Taza Coffee House

john b.
user 13586515
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Hola,

Remember we have a meetup this Friday nite 7-8:30PM at La Taza.

Our format is to have a short Spanish lesson and then if anyone has a show and tell, we can see it and talk about it.  Then, we use the rest of the time in conversation.

We have had requests for other activities, so I am investigating having a tour of the San Jose Mission on the South Side.  It is a beautiful facility, and a National Park (Queen of the Missions).

We could meet there on a Saturday morning, spend about 2 hours touring the mission and then go eat lunch at a good Mexican Restaurant.  Tentatively let's look at Saturday, May 18.  Let me know if you would participate.

Also, the Mexican Cultural Center has several interesting programs coming up and the admission is usually FREE.  If anyone knows of a good cultural activity, let me know about it and I will try to arrange it.  (That means send you an e-mail)

There are several opportunities to improve your spanish available:

FREE INTERMEDIATE SPANISH IS OFFERED AT ST. LUKE'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH EVERY MONDAY MORNING FROM 10-12 NOON.  NOT FOR BEGINNERS.

ADVANCED / CONVERSATIONAL SPANISH IS OFFERED EVERY WEDNESDAY MORNING FROM 10-12 NOON AT LA TAZA COFFEE HOUSE.  COST IS $10 PER LESSON. NOT FOR BEGINNERS.  MAX 5 STUDENTS.

A CLASS IN CONVERSATIONAL SPANISH WILL BEGIN MAY 15 FROM 7-9PM AT LA TAZA.  COST IS $10 PER LESSON, PLUS $25 FOR TEXT.  NOT FOR BEGINNERS. MAX 5 STUDENTS

A CLASS IN ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) STUDIES WILL BEGIN PROBABLY IN THE FALL.  IF INTERESTED LET ME KNOW.  LIMITED TO 5 STUDENTS.  ALSO NOT FOR BEGINNERS.

LASTLY, A CLASS IN SPANISH FOR SECRETARIES WILL BEGIN IN THE FALL.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE JUST STARTING ON THEIR LEARNING ADVENTURE, THE NEISD AND NSISD OFFER EXCELLENT BEGINNING COURSES IN SPANISH AT REASONABLE PRICES.

KEEP STUDYING,

JOHN BEHRENS