Carl A.
Carl_A
Rochester, NY
Post #: 14
Un artículo sobre Don Francisco y Sábado gigante.

El 'showman' que una a AméricaEl País (España)
Carl A.
Carl_A
Rochester, NY
Post #: 15
A propósito de lo que estábamos hablando hoy de como cambian los idiomas:

Grammar: A Matter of FashionThe New York Times
Carl A.
Carl_A
Rochester, NY
Post #: 17
"Protest Rally in Catalonia Adds a Worry for Spain"—New York Times, September 11, 2012.
Carl A.
Carl_A
Rochester, NY
Post #: 19
An argument for Catalan independence appears in the NYT opinion page:

"A New Call for Catalonia's Independence"—Ricard González and Jaume Clotet, New York Times, October 2, 2012.
Carl A.
Carl_A
Rochester, NY
Post #: 22
Una retrospectiva sobre el Boom latinoamericano:

"Las raíces y los precursores: noticias sobre el Boom latinoamericano"—El País, Octubre-Noviembre 2012
Carl A.
Carl_A
Rochester, NY
Post #: 25
An article on humor and translation, with a local twist.

"Me Translate Funny One Day"—New York Times, October 21, 2012
Roger
RogelioH
Pittsford, NY
Post #: 5
Good article, Carl! Thanks.
Carl A.
Carl_A
Rochester, NY
Post #: 31
Lula on Chávez:

"Latin America After Chávez"—New York Times, March 6, 2013
Carl A.
Carl_A
Rochester, NY
Post #: 32
"And then one day many years later, Liz Torres, that wonderful comedienne, told me this story: She was living in Harlem at the time, Spanish Harlem, and it was a very hot night, Oscar night, and all the windows were open, and she said, 'And you know what the ghetto is like — it's noisy, people are yelling at each other, people are dropping bottles down the windows into the yard, and it's just a very noisy place, music is playing,' she said. But that night the Oscars were on ... when Rock Hudson began to announce the names of the nominees for best [supporting] actress, she said the place went dead quiet. And she said when my name was announced the place went up in smoke. There was screaming and yelling and hugging and jumping up and down and people yelling out the windows, 'She did it! She did it!' in Spanish and in English."

"Rita Moreno Reflects On Anita, Awards And Accents"—NPR
Roger
RogelioH
Pittsford, NY
Post #: 8
Great anecdote! Thanks, Carl.