The Baltimore Spanish Language Meetup Group Message Board › URGENT! Volunteers Needed to Host Students from Mexico

URGENT! Volunteers Needed to Host Students from Mexico

Janine Branch
JanineB.
Owings Mills, MD
Post #: 5
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hello Everyone!

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful afternoon we are all having!

I wanted to send out a message on behalf of my organization, the World Trade Center Institute which is in need of homestay volunteers for a group of Mexican students from July 22nd to August 6th.

Nine of the best and brightest Mexican students (ages 15-18) were hand picked by the American Embassy in Mexico to visit Baltimore and learn about programs that promote a culture of lawfulness.

The youth are looking forward to staying with local families and immersing themselves into the American culture. They speak English but the program is a great opportunity for families with children who study Spanish even though this is not a requirement.

A homestay family should be able to provide their guest with a bedroom as well as access to a private or shared bathroom. WTCI asks that homestay families integrate their visitor into their typical routine and introduce the student to Baltimore venues or activities the host family enjoys. WTCI will make transportation arrangements for drop-offs and pick-ups during the week.

I realize that many of you are not in the position to be able to do this but may have contacts that may be able to help. If you could forward this on to your friends, family, office and ask them to do the same it would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to contact me if you are interested or have any one who would be interested. Thanks in advanced!

Janine Downey, CTA
Assistant Manager, International Visitor and Client Services
World Trade Center Institute
Suite 232
401 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
T: 410.576.0022 x 108
F: 410.576.0751
email: janine at wtci dot org