The Washington DC Spanish Language Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: Beginners II Workshop: Getting to use the Preterit (simple past)
Announcing a new Meetup for Washington DC Spanish Fanáticos!
What: Beginners II Workshop: Getting to use the Preterit (simple past)
When: June 23, 2009 7:00 PM
Price: $19.00 per person
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Beginners II Workshop: Getting to use the Preterit (simple past)
Do you want to participate more actively in our Spanish Fanaticos Meetup events? Are you a Beginner II student interested in improving your ability to talk about what you did yesterday, last week, last year, or just before coming to a social event? Have you studied Spanish in the past but still feel that you cannot structure simple sentences in the past tense? Then come to this workshop and get ready to impress other Spanish Fanaticos with your mastery of the Past Tense in any of our social events coming up.
This 2-hour Beginners II highly interactive workshop will help you:
- Review the endings for AR, ER and IR verbs
- Talk about things you did at some specific point in time
- Ask questions in the simple past?
- Get a detailed list of time expressions that can enrich your statements
- And...if time allows...review verbs with irregular past tenses
Requirements to sign up for this seminar include:
- currently being able to orally express yourself in the present tense
- not currently being able to talk using the simple past tense
- not having working knowledge of the topics to be covered on this seminar
This Beginners II Workshop will be conducted by Nicolas, the organizer of this Meetup group and tutor at Spanish Black Belt, leading Spanish language school in Washington DC.
Workshop will be held from 7pm to 9pm at Nico's house in Petworth, Washington DC, NW, one neighborhood up of Columbia Heights.
This workshops is not free. Cost per person for this 2-hour-long workshop is $19.- Only 6 persons are allowed per workshop so please sign up on-line through our secure Meetup page quickly enough to secure a seat. Payment will not be accepted at the door. Refunds can be granted ONLY if requested 5 days prior to the workshop's assigned date.
Learn more here: