addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Washington DC Spanish Language Meetup Group Message Board › I need some help spreading nuestro latino cultura!

I need some help spreading nuestro latino cultura!

A former member
Post #: 2
Well, Hispanic Heritage month is coming up. My work, in Andrews AFB MD, is hosting several events to celebrate this great month (spanning mid-Sep to mid-Oct)! This is where I need help - One of the days will be a family picnic open to all people on base and we are going to have Latin food and entertainment.

What we would like to do is have local restaurants/vendors have a booth where they can sell their unique dishes. We are looking for about $5 a plate or so.

As for the entertainment, we want to have a stage where different dancers/entertainment can show off their culture.

For both of these, our funds are very limited and we have other events that we have to pay for as well. If you know of any restaurant owners or entertainment groups (like tango, salsa, mariachi, etc) that are willing to offer their services at a discount or donated, please let me know. Of course people would pay some for the food (it will be lunch time), and entertainment can always collect tips.

We are also accepting any donations! Let me know if you have any of this info or someone/group that may be interested. I'm working hard to spread all Latin culture to the base (mis padres son Chilenos).

hasta luego,