The Washington DC Spanish Language Meetup Group Message Board › Information updates for Camino de Navidad

Information updates for Camino de Navidad

Laura
user 8007037
Washington, DC
Happy Holidays! I'm glad that you all are signed up to participate in our walk tonight.

Yes, I do realize that it is cold outside. Because of this, I just wanted to send a few reminders. Be sure to BUNDLE UP! I suggest you wear a coat, gloves, hat, scarf...whatever you have that will keep you warm. Nico also suggests alpaca underwear...feel free also to bring a hot drink along with you to have as you are walking.

Hopefully we will have a nice walk, I have never been on the mall during the holiday season, but have heard the decorations are nice especially by The White House and the Capital. After our visit to the Christmas Tree at the Capital building, we will head to La Tasca in Chinatown for drinks and food. I was not able to make a reservation because they require a minimum food order for this, however, they do know we are coming. They do have a large bar area and on Friday nights there is a band, so we should be able to order from the bar and enjoy the warmth and the music.

Please arrive promtly at 7:30. Since it is cold, we do not want to wait for you to arrive before walking! Closest metro stations are Farraguet West, Farraguet North, and McPherson Square. Again, my number is 202-903-6101 so please call if you have problems finding us. Look for us near the statue in Lafayette Park...Nico and I will be wearing Santa Claus hats.