If you've ever wanted to confidently speak in front of an audience, and you'd like to sharpen your skills or become more confident at it, then you're going to like this.
The purpose of this group is to provide a platform for you to develop your material and practice it in front of a live audience. By doing this, you will become more confident and comfortable when doing any kind of public speaking.
You can be at any level of experience, and you're not limited to one type of presentation, as long as it's under 7 minutes. To illustrate, here are a few of the many types of presentations our members can do:
- Storytelling (either personal, business, or folktale)
- Short, informative speeches (5-7 minutes)
- Stand up comedy routines
- Your elevator speech for networking events
Our motto is - "Personal growth through public speaking". In other words, you'll learn how to be a better, sharper communicator by learning how to communicate your ideas to a small, supportive group of people.
Is this group for you? Well that depends. Let me ask you a few questions...
- Do you have a story from your life that you've always wanted to tell, but you're not sure what to do first?
- Have you always wanted to learn how to do public speaking, or perhaps overcome your fears around it?
- Do your friends tell you you're a "ham" and that you belong on stage?
- Do you have some life lessons that you've learned, and would like to share with others so they can benefit too?
If you said yes to any of these questions, then this group could be just what you've been looking for. Come join us.