addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Spin City - New York Message Board › Supima cotton

Supima cotton

Jayne
sgt_majorette
New York, NY
Post #: 21
I guess everybody was trying to contact them, because now their site is back up. I e-mailed the public relations person to verify if they're on for next Saturday.
sahara
saharaB
Bronx, NY
Post #: 9
Awrighty now! This is gonna be fun! It'll be interesting to see how many spinners are in the city. I KNOW, I'm coming!
Dawn
user 4159308
New York, NY
Post #: 20
Weatherman says rain on Saturday.
Jayne
sgt_majorette
New York, NY
Post #: 23
...and I have received no response either by email or phone. I suspect this is going to be a washout, literally...
Isiris
isirisc
New York, NY
Post #: 59
It's not raining, so I'll be going.
Isiris
isirisc
New York, NY
Post #: 60
Here's the link to the update. It doesn't seem as if they'll be giving away "bales" of cotton. http://nymag.com/dail...­
sahara
saharaB
Bronx, NY
Post #: 10
Am I being selfish to say that it's not what I thought? The press release I received at work wasn't correct. Hmmph. The weather's a bit iffy, I live in The Bronx and love to sleep in on weekends. I'ma get dressed and go down there, but I hope it's not "picked out" by a bunch of foolish non-spinners.

Sorry about the foolish part. I think I need a second cup of coffee, I'm a little grumpy. I guess if the cotton's picked out, I can drown my sorrows at Downtown Yarns. :-)
Isiris
isirisc
New York, NY
Post #: 61
I went. The sign for Supima cotton was there, but the ground was bare. I asked the Gyro vendor right in front of it. He said, "the guy that was here yesterday (Friday) said that it was the last day. There won't be any today." Oh well. Not so good publicity. They should've considered the weather.
sahara
saharaB
Bronx, NY
Post #: 11
Due to serious train rerouting, I didn't get there until 4pm. The weather was fabulous, but there wasn't any cotton. Then, I suddenly remembered the New York Magazine review, that the promotion was for the 13th and the 14th. Duhhhh, guess I had a junior moment??or the prospect of having a bag of a major fiber blinded me. :-(