200 S Main Street, Akron, OH
This winter the Summit Cycling Center is hosting a series of bi-weekly bicycle repair and maintenance clinics at the Bike Kitchen at Lock 3. These sessions are all hands-on. You are encouraged to bring your bike. Due to limited space in the workshop and at the workbenches, there is a limit to the number of students. The series will be repeated during the winter.
You should only RSVP if you are certain you can attend. If you need to cancel, please change your RSVP as early as possible. We are maintaining a waiting list for these clinics. Please be considerate to your fellow Spin-offs in RSVPing for a clinic you are certain you can attend.
There is no charge for this meet-up. However, we are suggesting a $5 donation to Summit Cycling Center for each session. They have graciously provided their time and workshop space free-of-charge for this series. Let's support them in their efforts to grow a cycling community in the Akron Area.
Here is the line-up for this winter's clinics.
01/08 - Basic road repair (flat repair and other emergencies)
01/22 - Brake mechanics and adjustment
02/05 - Gear Adjustment and other maintenance
02/19 - Basic road repair (flat repair and other emergencies)
03/05 - Brake mechanics and adjustment
03/19 - Gear Adjustment and other maintenance
Directions to the Bike Kitchen:
The Bike Kitchen can be difficult to find. Here are the secret decoder ring directions to the kitchen. The Bike Kitchen is located in the basement of the former O’Neil’s department store in downtown Akron at 200 South Main Street.
• At the intersection of South Main street and State Street, head west on State Street.
• This is the intersection between the Barley House and Canal Park ball field.
• Just past the rear of the Barley House (in the old O’Neil’s building), there is a parking deck entrance.
• Turn into the deck and park.
• Take the elevators on the east wall to the basement.
• This is the level that is marked for Lock 3. After exiting the elevators, the entrance to the Bike Kitchen is to the left.
Or from Main Street…
• Enter Lock 3 Park on the north Side of the O’Neil’s building and walk down the hill.
• Turn left and walk under the parking deck.
• You will see an entrance on the left. Enter here.
• The Bike Kitchen is to the left at the end of the short hall.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.