You are invited to “The Inaugural Louisville Area Spiritual Food Meetup”
Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Time: There are two meeting times for this first meetup
• 6:00 pm *. with Healthy Meal
• 8:00 pm * with Healthy Appetizers
* The 6:00 pm and the 8:00 pm meetings will be similar. The two different times are a test to see if the 8:00 pm time slot works better for those who may be coming over the bridge and for those who do not want to rush to a meeting right after work.
Meeting Focus: This meeting, being the first, will be introductory and will focus on direction and the foundation of the group. A very important meeting for those who want to be part of the group!
Location: Preservation Station
at 100 Preservation Place, Jeffersonville, IN
Preservation Station is located in downtown Jeffersonville between Spring Street and Pearl Street.
Preservation Place (road) runs parallel to and between West Chestnut Street and W Market Street.
The Louisville Area Spiritual Food Meetup’s mission is to gather a community of people desirous of growing spiritually based on the core principles of truth and love. While first and foremost we take life seriously, we also endeavor to be a vibrant, fun, & friendly community where we can and appropriate. Everyone from the spiritually naïve to the spiritually well informed are welcome; the only requirement for membership is a respect for other members and their beliefs and agreeing to follow the guidelines.
Reasons for the Group:
Spiritual beliefs are numerous and cover a broad variety and spectrum. The main foundation of our lives are based on our spiritual beliefs. If they are incorrect, either fully or in part, they significantly affect our lives and even (many believe - myself included) our whole eternity.
When I look around, I find the spiritual options and spiritual venues available commonly inflexible and inadequate. I find there is truth and error in most all of them. I believe a meetup group with a common objective of putting forth effort to discern between truth and error on spiritual topics would be very beneficial and worthwhile. Evil can be very beautiful and deceptive.
The meeting starts with a healthy food potluck for the 6:00 pm meeting and healthy appetizers or snacks for the 8:00 pm meeting.
The 6:00 pm and the 8:00 pm meetings will be similar. The two different times are a test to see if the 8:00 pm time slot works better for those who may be coming over the bridge and for those who do not want to rush to a meeting right after work.
(Note: There are no hard rules on "What is considered "healthy?", however the more raw, natural, and organic - the better) After the meal for the 6:00 pm meeting and after a few appetizers and snacks for the 8:00 pm meeting, a “spiritual topic” will be presented and/or discussed.
This Meetup is for:
1. People who desire quality spiritual food.
2. People who desire to learn and grow spiritually.
3. People who desire to be correct in what they believe.
4. People who are willing to listen respectfully to others.
5. People who are willing to discuss respectfully with the goal of separating truth from error.
6. People who are willing to share their beliefs.
7. People who desire to love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love their neighbor as themselves. And are willing to follow God wherever he may lead, even in tough places.
8. People who are willing and humble enough to change where appropriate.
Topics that may be discussed or presented:
spiritual and supernatural topics, personal experiences and testimonies from people who attend, what is happening in the world spiritually and supernaturally, God, the devil?, the after life?, heaven?, hell?, miracles?, angels?, demons?, different religions, the big bang?, evolution?, the age of the earth?, Noah's ark?, etc.
Spiritual Discussion Format:
Discussion will be open and people are free to share their beliefs, thoughts, and experiences, as well as to ask questions. Everyone is welcome as long as they are respectful, and follow the guidelines. Love never pressures anyone to believe a certain way. Love allows everyone to believe as they wish.
Discussions will be moderated, as required, to avoid getting off on unproductive tangents as well as to steer the meeting, as required, in respectful, positive, peaceful, and productive directions.
Goal of Meetings
To create an atmosphere conducive for God’s spirit to guide and direct the meeting. (So every meeting can and probably will be somewhat different).
• To correctly discern between truth and deception.
• To grow spiritually in knowledge, understanding, and love.
• To help accomplish God’s purposes individually and as a group.
• To grow closer in relationship to God and also hopefully one another.
Where God’s spirit leads
Since love is one of the foundations of this meetup, this group believes that everyone is special and everyone is important. Which is why…..
We look forward to meeting you!
My name is Bill, the organizer. If you have questions or need directions, I can be reached at[masked], I look forward to seeing you there. If you have an interest try to come, especially to the first meeting. Or give me a call and let me know your interest. My email address is: [masked].