Santa Monica Spirituality Meetup Group Message Board › My Course in Miracles Class - This Wednesday, May 8, 7:30 pm

My Course in Miracles Class - This Wednesday, May 8, 7:30 pm

David
DavidSpetner
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Hello Meditators,

I'd like to share with you what we'll be discussing at our next A Course in Miracles class...

Woody Allen, a well-known atheist and angst filled Jew, once said, “God if you’re real, show me a miracle, like a burning bush, or my Uncle Morris picking up a check.” This is apropos of our Western civilization’s constant struggle with both God and money. As with many spiritual practices, A Course in Miracles agrees that what we feel about money or self-worth on the inside comes to reflect our situation with money on the outside. However, here’s where the Course and other practices differ. The Course tells us that in order to grow in our self-awareness, we should not change our thoughts at all. Changing them is simply adjusting our unreal ego for another unreal version, moving us further from real wealth and peace of mind, while enhancing our connection to God and our real selves.

-------------

It is not necessary to read the book or have any prior knowledge of A Course in Miracles to participate and appreciate our discussions. This Course is appropriate for beginners as well as the experienced. Everyone gets what he or she needs at any level. For those who do want to study this in the book or online, please refer to the Workbook for Students, Lesson 184 The Name of God is my inheritance which in my edition are from pages 345 through 347.

---------------

A NOTE ABOUT THE COURSE...

Please note that although the word "Course" is in the title, you do not have to sign up for a series. Each meeting is an entity unto its own, so please come join us at any time.

You may also pay for 4 sessions at $48 ($12/each) if you pay for all 4 at once.  They can be used at any time in the future.