Santa Monica Spirituality Meetup Group Message Board › This Wednesday Night - May 15

This Wednesday Night - May 15

Los Angeles, CA
Hello Meditators,

As you may know, I also teach A Course in Miracles every Wed night from 7:30pm to 9:00 at The Gateway Center in West LA.

More details are at:­

Here's what we'll be discussing tomorrow night.

How is it that Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could create incredibly moving music without reading a note or seeing the keys? How can returning war veterans, missing 2 or 4 of their limbs, find life more fulfilling than ever before? It’s because they have been able to see and move beyond their physical bodies. For us to live spiritually fulfilling lives, we must move beyond our bodies as well. We have discussed humans being the “light of the world,” and yet our entire purpose of our lives on earth is to obscure our real function in it. We think we are here to provide for our families, to live out our career and family goals and worship God in some form, but in reality we are here to do just one thing. We are here to forgive ourselves and others for the so-called sins we have committed. We say we will forgive and when we remember, we do, but the next minute we’ve moved away from forgiveness again. It’s time to learn how to make forgiveness tangible, to understand it, and to make it our entire purpose in life. Tonight find out how.

It is not necessary to read the book or have any prior knowledge of A Course in Miracles to participate and appreciate our discussions. This Course is appropriate for beginners as well as the experienced. Everyone gets what he or she needs at any level. For those who do want to study this in the book or online, please refer to the Workbook for Students, Lesson 62 Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world, through Lesson 65, My only function is the one God gave me, which in my edition are from pages 104 through 109

A NOTE ABOUT THE COURSE...Please note that although the word "Course" is in the title, you do not have to sign up for a series. Each meeting is an entity unto its own, so please come join us at any time.The textbook and practice lessons are valuable to your growth, but not necessary to come to this class and benefit from it. We also welcome your contributions to the discussions.The cost of each individual class is $15, however if you pay for four classes in advance, it is $12. The advance dates you pay for do not have to be consecutive dates.