addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Splat Space - Durham's Hackerspace Message Board › Offering for free: 22-node Xeon cluster (composed of eleven Dell 1U rack-mou

Offering for free: 22-node Xeon cluster (composed of eleven Dell 1U rack-mounted servers)

Mark W.
user 45878222
Cary, NC
Post #: 1
I'm offering a working, high-quality 22-node Xeon cluster (composed of eleven Dell 1U rack-mounted servers). The system is about 4 years old and includes the servers, a gigabit switch, the specialized railings that attach the servers to a cabinet, and all power and internet connecting cables. The only thing not included is the cabinet. Note that the system was originally run without a cabinet by simply stacking the 11 1U chasis on top of each other.

I'm offering the system at no cost. You must be able to pick the system up before the 23rd of July. If the system does not work, you can bring it back to me! I'd prefer that all 11 servers be transferred to one individual or group. However, if that is not possible, I'd be willing to divide-up the system.
Carl R. K.
user 59834582
Durham, NC
Post #: 1
Is this offer gone? I know we are well past the 23rd of July!
Mark W.
user 45878222
Cary, NC
Post #: 2
Yes, it's gone. Sorry!