Over the past few years Google has merged your website with your Google+ Business page and Google Local listing. If you are a local business or service local businesses, it's essential to have an understanding of 'local SEO' - marking up a website so that Google recognizes it as a local business and properly categorizes it. Doing this manually can be a hassle, thankfully there are WordPress plugins that can help the process!!
In this presentation I'll cover everything I've learned over the past year about optimizing a website for local search, including:
• How to setup and properly categorize your Google+ Business / Google Places page
• What factors influence local search results
• The best WordPress plugins for Local SEO impact
• The importance of online reviews and how to build systems to streamline the review process
• How to synchronize your local listings (Yelp, Yellowpages, Superpages, etc.)
• How to package and offer this service to clients