(Single People Involved in Relating and Inspiring Together) "SPIRIT" Sunday school class at St. Andrew United Methodist Church is dedicated to spiritual growth, community service, supporting one another, and weekly fun, social activities. Our members are 50+ year-olds who have been divorced, widowed or never married. Join other awesome Christian singles doing life together in Bible and life skills studies. We would love to have you attend our class, so just show up at 10:35 a.m. in Piro Hall for visiting and then the class begins at 10:50 a.m. We also go to lunch together following class. We hope you will get involved with us as we have a service heart and great social events. Please read our Meetup website “requirements” listed below, then sign up and you will receive an e-mail welcome.
St. Andrew United Methodist Church
5801 W. Plano Parkway, Plano 75093
(On the north side of Plano Parkway between Preston Road and Dallas North Tollroad)
SPIRIT ON SUNDAY:
CHURCH: 9:30 a.m. ... Sit with us in church on Sunday! Just stop at the Information desk in the lobby or ask the ushers at the main back door where we sit!
CLASS: 10:50 a.m. - 11:50 a.m. ... We meet together for class then usually break into groups for discussion ... join us in Piro Hall on Sunday mornings! Come early (10:35-10:50) for socializing!
LUNCH AFTER SUNDAY SCHOOL ... check the calendar for where we'll be going to lunch this Sunday ... it changes every week!
Come meet everyone in a casual environment at 5:30 p.m. as we unwind together after our busy weeks ... most of us stay for dinner so leave your evening open! RSVP on this site.
THIRD SATURDAY DINNER:
We usually go to someone's home for dinner on the 3rd Saturday of the month! Join us in a relaxed setting with a casual meal and great conversation! RSVP on this site.
We do lots of things together—there is something every week-end - from going to the movies or attending a play or going somewhere to listen to music or bowling - and more!
We are committed to serving others, whether it's working at the North Texas Food Bank (see photo below), helping at Seven Loaves Food Pantry, fitting Shoes 4 Kids, volunteering at The Bridge Homeless Center, working at the Prom Closet, Summer Reading to Kids program, or donating stuffed animals for Adam's Animals Charity. And lots more!
SPIRIT Singles Meetup Website Requirements:
* Your profile must include at a minimum your real first name and a real picture of yourself or your full name, first and last name, if a picture is not included. (Go to the "Account" tab at the very top right of this page to correct your entry.). If you include a picture (and we hope you do), it must be a photo of yourself.
* To maintain membership on this site, attendance is required once every three months to either SPIRIT Sunday school class or a SPIRIT social function.
* This site is not to be used to promote a business.
* The organizer will remove any member that makes other members feel unsafe, violates group rules, or is disruptive to the harmony of the group.
* A person that has been removed from SPIRIT Singles is not eligible to attend events as a guest of another member.
Information about St. Andrew UMC:
Attached is a link to the St. Andrew website. It provides valuable information related to the church itself as well as a map of the facility - very helpful so that you can find us!
1,770 Ballroom Dancers
2,382 Night Owls
226 Single Brunch Lovers Over 50
1,843 Fantastic 50's