Startup Lancaster--Tech Founders Message Board › Organizing a Startup Weekend in Central PA

Organizing a Startup Weekend in Central PA

Ben
user 12289139
Elizabethtown, PA
Post #: 3
Steve Blank is working with Startup Weekend to coordinate many Startup Weekends throughout the country with a lean startup flavor to them:

http://swnext.org/.....­.

I am reaching out in hopes of finding a team of organizers who would be interested in helping make this happen.

This happens beginning the end of November and bleeding into December:

NEXT is a 3-week in-person course that provides real world, hands-on learning on how to build a real company. This is not a class about how to write a business plan, and it’s not an exercise in academic research.. this is a practical course with a flipped-classroom, workshop approach for teams of 2+ co-founders. Similar to Startup Weekend events, NEXT creates an entrepreneurial experience with all the pressures and demands of a real-world early-stage startup. Teams will be getting their hands dirty talking to customers, partners, and competitors, all the while being forced to bend, break, and re-build their business models and the assumptions behind it. All experiences generated through encountering the chaos and uncertainty of how a customer-driven startup actually works are geared towards answering the ultimate question: how to turn a great idea into a great company.

Please discuss!

(Note: I'm happy to be a part of the organizing team, but I won't personally move forward unless there are a number of organizers to spread the work out)
Wendy
user 60036442
Harrisburg, PA
Post #: 4
Looks like there may be a NEXT coming to Harrisburg, Feb 13, 2013. I would be interested in participating. Just heard about the Pittsburgh StartUp Weekend. Sounds interesting & much more consolidated over a wkend.
Ben
user 12289139
Elizabethtown, PA
Post #: 5
Hi Wendy, do you know anything about the NEXT in Harrisburg? Is there a website or social media account.

Looks like there may be a NEXT coming to Harrisburg, Feb 13, 2013. I would be interested in participating. Just heard about the Pittsburgh StartUp Weekend. Sounds interesting & much more consolidated over a wkend.

Wendy
user 60036442
Harrisburg, PA
Post #: 7
Hey Ben,

Chuck Russell mentioned there will be a Start Up wknd in Lancaster Jan/Feb & one in Harrisburg in the Spring. Add me to your email loop smile