Part discussion, part demonstration. Open forum to candidly discuss basic design concepts and patterns that are used in today's compelling mobile, web apps and emerging platforms, including TV and wearables. The purpose of this event is to act as a primer for developers, designers too, to discuss and evaluate current, trending design concepts for user interfaces and experiences.
This is a followup based on overwhelming interests from Wednesday's 40 Developers and Designers (Only) Forum/SkillSwap Sessions event.
We will continue the conversation on the tools that were presented and other resources that are available for rapid design and development.
Location has not been confirmed yet. TeqCorner (Tysons) is a high probability. It';s located literally around the corner from metro station in VA.
What to expect:
• Live Demonstration of designing a wireframe/prototype of a mobile app UI/UX elements from scratch
• Evaluation and discussion of design patterns for popular mobile apps, websites, and emerging platforms, including wearables, TV and internet of things appliances. One of the resources for discussion: http://www.pttrns.com/
• We could possibly discuss industrial design and the emergence of 3D printing tech and related concepts that are used for product design and development.
• Open discussion on design - origins, concepts, and perspectives in the world of interactive and user experience for digital platforms and media.
• Call to action and discussion for workshops, presentations and demos to support participants existing design needs and education. We will discuss available tools, local and online educational opportunities, and other resources that could help you guys move forward. This will include General Assembley, meetup groups, and sandbox sites like CodePen.
This event is a part of a new initiative to host more frequent activities and promote followup of topics that are covered previously to keep the conversation and interests going.
Since it is Friday, there will be no established end time, so come in when you can, the discussion and demos will be ongoing through the evening.