align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The New York City Star Wars Meetup Message Board › Hello from a new member.

Hello from a new member.

Sinie G.
user 13968920
North Babylon, NY
Post #: 17
Hello!

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Joe. I'm 32, and a life-long Star Wars fan (since age 2). I am, however, a purist Star Wars fan. Yes, I hate to be a curmudgeon, but I hate Lucas' incessant tinkering with the classic Trilogy, his stubborn big-middle-finger-to-the-fans refusal to make the original cuts of the classic Trilogy available in a decent transfer (and his lies claiming this isn't possible), and I hate the Prequels, the Clone Wars crap, and all of the post 1999 EU tainted by the discrepancies, and outright stupidity, of the Prequels.

I hope I don't come off as too negative, I'm really not, and I have a sense of humor about SW, but these travesties aren't a laughing matter.

I hope there are people here who can relate to my old-school fandom and passion for the Original Trilogy. If there are any fans here who agree with me and are interested in preservation of the OT, I hope to hear from you.

I do live on LI, so I won't be at many meetings or events in NYC, but I'll make as many as possible. Are there any SW fans on LI here?

Joe