addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

sthlm.js Message Board › Spotify app/hack - wanna join?

Spotify app/hack - wanna join?

A former member
Post #: 1
Anyone interested in helping out building on the JavaScript/vector visualization stuff (Raphael, Processing.js, or similar) for a very cool Spotify app concept? The project is called "Samplify!" and core parts of it are related to visualization and graph databases (I've chosen to work with neo4j for this). I've started on the data modelling/crunching parts of it and is quite involved mentally in how it can be built, but even though I'm quite good with JavaScript I'm not the best graphical effects guy - and I think the app fits to have some interactions in it (not required, but it would enhance the experience slighly). If anyone is interested I'm up for a "fika" to explain what I'm building, it's a 50/50 deal and we will work on it maximum ~0.5 day/week as I run my startup Merchii. Long-term the goal is to end up in Spotify app store (=> $) when they open the doors to 3rd parties, but the concept actually works fine as a very cool web app - and it is not that much work as I've done the homework/research (tech + data sources). Revenue model is: get into the app store; people _will_ love it => people play many different songs => $/play, glory, and probably a cool hack with some quite new technologies. *<:)

Ping me via some medium if it sounds fun/interesting, and you are quite good with javascript/graphics.

Christian L.
user 14408585
Stockholm, SE
I am also working on a Spotify App and I would love to have a meet up on that topic if there are any other javascripters out there. The documentation leaves some room for imagination to say the least so to share insights and knowledge would be great. We also use node.js which also is a good topic to share knowledge.

We can be at Iteam's offices if there are any others that wanna join for a Javascript + Spotify App meet up?
A former member
Post #: 2
I am also working on a Spotify App and I would love to have a meet up on that topic if there are any other javascripters out there. The documentation leaves some room for imagination to say the least so to share insights and knowledge would be great. We also use node.js which also is a good topic to share knowledge.

We can be at Iteam's offices if there are any others that wanna join for a Javascript + Spotify App meet up?

Looks like Spotify have started a meetup on this topic: http://www.meetup.com...­. You should join, though 12 on the waitinglist. I'm holding my tumb I'll get a spot.
Andre H.
user 26316512
Stockholm, SE
We created the event today and it was filled today. But if interested please join waiting lists and join the group. Then we can make more events if people are interested.
A former member
Post #: 3
Update: First working prototype of data-parser, modelling and very basic Spotify app, but the fun UI-interaction will be lacking so the opportunity to jump on the band wagon is still.

@andree: I received a spot via mail. :)