add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

sthlm.js Message Board › Important!

Important! OpenTechSchool: call for Javascript coaches for JS for Absolute Beginners workshop on October 13th! Read and reply ASAP!

A former member
Post #: 1

my name is Beatrice, nice to e-meet you.

I live in Berlin and work there as Project Manager for a music startup, and together with other friends and programmers, I co-run an initiative called OpenTechSchool. I'm now in Stockholm attending the Interactive Project Management program at Hyper Island while working for my Berlin office and will be in town until mid November. And during these weeks I'm working on setting up an OTS Stockholm chapter!

More info about OTS:
OpenTechSchool is a community initiative offering free programming workshops and meet-ups to technology enthusiasts of all genders, backgrounds and experience levels. It supports volunteer coaches in setting up the events taking care of the organizational details and encouraging them to create original teaching material, to be then shared with the online community. OTS' main in goal is to crate a friendly learning environment where no one feels shy about asking any question. Everyone is invited to participate, whether as a coach or a learner, and get in contact to organize OTS events anywhere in the world.

Some of the events we already organized:­

Now: we're planning our first event in Stockholm!
A Javascript for Absolute Beginners workshop, on Saturday October 13th, from 11:00 to 17:30 at the Omnicloud office in Gamlastan­

The teaching material has been prepared by our Berlin team and already successfully used, and it's just ready to be used in Stockholm.
So right now I'm looking for coaches.

I discovered this fantastic sthlm.js group through a friend (thank you Jonas!), contacted the really kind Johannes (thank you Johannes!) and thought about letting you know about the initiative and ask you if you might want to join the event on Saturday as coach and/or spread the word about this week's call for coaches.

If you send me your e-mail I can send you more details, like the training material for the workshop and such so you can have a look at it.
We would also have an (optional) meeting tomorrow at 7:00 pm, always at the Omnicloud office, to meet each other, review the material and talk about OTS and coaching. Here's a Doodle to pick your favorite time slots:­
Please feel more than welcome to contact me at beatrice (at symbol) opentechschool (dot) org and let me know if you want to join as coach by Thursday (tomorrow) at 7:00 pm.

Thank you for your kind attention.
Looking forward to hearing from you!