Welcome to the St. Louis Writers Meetup!
3) Roundtable Discussion.
4) Monthly Draft Critiques.
We're critiquing two stories this month, so try to have them both read. They are The Red Sack and The Last Sunset. (If you're having trouble with the links, you can download them from the Files page).
The discussion will be on Worldbuilding, whether you're creating a fictitious building or a town or a whole secondary world. Be thinking about examples of good and bad worldbuilding that you've encountered (doesn't have to be books) and any tips or tricks you've picked up along the way.
Membership Dues: $2/month or $20/year, and first time's only $1. NOTE: you only pay for months that you attend, so if you've paid but not attended, you won't lose those paid months.
Roundtable Discussion Topics:
January Writer's Groups
April Character & Viewpoint
May Worldbuilding & Setting
July Pacing & Structure
September Ideas & Inspiration
October NaNoWriMo & Writing Challenges
December Writing Excuses
Guidelines for Monthly Drafts:
1) We ask that you only submit AFTER you've attended at least 1 Meetup.
2) 1-5 pages in any genre, on any topic
3) Include name and page numbers somewhere in the margins
4) Upload to the site (see below)
2) Click the "Files" link up top under More
3) Click the "Add a File" link at the top
4) Follow the instructions to upload your file
5) For the "Who can see & download this file?" option, make sure to select "Only members of this Meetup Group"
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me.