Welcome to the St. Louis Writers Meetup!
Discussion: Writing Action! How do you narrate a fight scene? Or, more broadly, how do you take a description of some physical activity and translate it in a way that resonates on the page? Think about some of your favorite action sequences in books (or television and movies) and what made them work. Think about authors that do this particularly well or poorly.
Critiques: By coincidence, we have two non-fiction works this month: The Face In The Mirror by Donna Davis and Men Are Pigs by Cheryl Upchurch (mild trigger warning--instances of incest are discussed but not depicted). Please have read both before the meeting.
Membership Dues: $2/month or $20/year, and first time's only $1. NOTE: you only pay for months that you attend, so if you've paid but not attended, you won't lose those paid months.
Guidelines for Monthly Drafts:
1) We ask that you only submit AFTER you've attended at least 1 Meetup.
2) Shoot for 3000 words or so. That'd be a complete short story or one chapter (two if they're really short chapters).
3) Include name and page numbers somewhere in the margins
4) Upload to the site (see below)
2) Click the "Files" link up top under More
3) Click the "Add a File" link at the top
4) Follow the instructions to upload your file
5) For the "Who can see & download this file?" option, make sure to select "Only members of this Meetup Group"