align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Stockholm Hadoop User Group Message Board › Is anybody using the Eclipse Hadoop plugin?

Is anybody using the Eclipse Hadoop plugin?

Magnus E.
user 70413672
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 1
Are any of the group members using the eclipse plugin for Hadoop and if so do you have any references to up-to-data documentation that shows how to make it work?

I have looked at the page http://wiki.apache.or...­ but this page uses some Java Applets to show a lot of the information and at least for me they fail to execute properly (there is a complaint that some file is missing when they are launched) and the rest of the information there is not enough for me to figure out how to use and configure it.

For starters I am very confused about the status of Hadoop plugin for eclipse? Is there even one that is 100% known to work with the current versions of eclipse (I run Helios on my CentOS system) and Hadoop and if so can it be downloaded in binary version or must it be built from source?

We have tried to build an eclipse plugin as part of building Hadoop and when droped into the right folder in eclipse it shows up as a perspective in Eclipse but when I try to set up a connection to our 2.2.0 cluster I fail to connect to HDFS or run map-reduce jobs (I get connection errors).

Since there is little information (that i have found) about what eclipse and hadoop versions that the plugin is suposed to work with I am not sure if it is the plugin or the information I fill in when defining a hadoop cluster in eclipse that is the problem... :-(

Any information from the group members about this topic is very much appreciated!
shambu
shambu
Bangalore, IN
Post #: 1
Hey!
I have generated the Eclipse Plugin and its working perfectly!
I can either give you the Plugin file for CentOS or I can send you the Steps to follow to generate Plugin.
leave me your Mail id, So i can send you the procedure and ready made eclipse plugin