addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Stockholm Expat Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for apartment for Aug or Sep through Nov

Looking for apartment for Aug or Sep through Nov

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, I'm new to the group. My name is Rena, and I'll be coming to Stockholm to do research at Stockholm University in a few months. I've heard that it's kind of hard to find apartments to rent, so I thought I'd see if anyone has advice on looking for a place. I'll be looking for a short term rental from either Aug or Sep through Nov, a furnished one or two bedroom place. If you hear of anything or know of a good way for me to find places from home (California), please let me know. Thank you!
Rena
A former member
Post #: 5
www.blocket.se is a good place to look for temporary or any kind of rentals. Use a Google Chrom browser that has an embedded translator if you don't speak Swedish! (I do that all the time! LOL)

I would suggest you to start looking a few months in advance. However, since you are not in Stockholm, that poses a problem. Where are you in California? I moved from San Francisco to Stockholm last August. I would say that it is quite difficult to find a place to stay if you are not in Stockholm. Any website like craigslist.org and other are completely useless - they are full of scams. Anything that sounds too good to be true, it is a scam. Anyone who asks for a deposit to be wired in advance, is trying to scam you. I got plenty of those when I was looking for a place. My recommendation is to get to Stockholm, to stay at a hotel/hostel or with someone you know for a week or two and during that time, call all the newest ads and go to see places as soon as they get posted. Have all documents ready with you when you get there (a copy of your passport, references, perhaps a letter from the school, bank statements or income statements, etc) because ideally you would like to sign a contract on the spot. And be persistent.

http://www.bostaddire...­ is another option. It requires a fee of 700 SEK or so for 45 day access but it is worth it as you avoid any scammers.