The Stockholm Expat Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for an apartment in Stockholm

Looking for an apartment in Stockholm

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

My girlfriend (New Zealand 26) and I (Dutch 33) are looking for an appartment in Stockholm. We will be moving by mid august and love to hear from anyone that knows anything smile

We'll be in Stockholm at least 2 years and are interested in furnished/unfurnished and long/short term availabilities. We are a responsible and reliable fun loving couple. We don't smoke and we do not have pets.

My girlfriend will be doing a MA in Curating arts at the Stockholm University and I will continue running my IT business.

I'd be delighted to hear from you if you have any pointers that might help us further along in the challenging process of finding accommodation.

Cheers,
Joost Schouten
A former member
Post #: 6
Try Blocket and Bostad Direkt. You're sort of coming at the wrong time, when all the other incoming students are also looking for a place to stay for the upcoming year. You might have more luck if you look for shorter-term opportunities and are willing to move.

Good luck!

p
A former member
Post #: 1
hey Joost,

Someone told me that it maybe helpful to make a a "looking for apartment" advert on blocket is also apparently quite effective as well. As a lot of people are applying for the apartments for rent which results in more work for the person who is renting his place, so some people just respond to the looking for apartments ads.

Good luck!!
A former member
Post #: 8
I was told the same thing about putting up the ad on Blocket but now I am not sure. I put it up once in July and once in August (including the picture). Received one weird call in July, nothing in August. So now I wonder if it was not waste of money.