The Stockholm Expat Meetup Group Message Board › Free seminar for any expats witha UK pension

Free seminar for any expats witha UK pension

Jiten C.
user 10227208
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 2
If there are any expats that have lived away from the UK for more then 5 years and want to see if they can release there UK pension then please contact me on 070 612 2018 or feel free to ask any questions.

You do not have to be out of the UK for more than 5 years to benefit from a seminar that i am holding on the 29th
Steve M
user 12772372
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 2
who are you ? have you done this before ? why would I want to do this - advantages & disadvantages ?
Jiten C.
user 10227208
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 3
Hi Steve,
Just to put you at ease I’ve been going to the meetup’s in Stockholm for a few months now and so am not your standard spam bot! Don’t think that we have met up during the meetup’s.
I’ll take the questions in backwards order and start with the advantages and disadvantages. It’s good practice for me anyway 
Disadvantages: None that I have come across
Advantages: Anyone who is an expat can now transfer their existing pension provisions into a QROPS (Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pensions Scheme). The financial benefits can be huge if planned correctly! Although the tax free income and withdrawal benefits cannot be taken within 5 complete tax years of you being a UK resident (without a reporting requirement to HMRC), by planning in advance you can improve the investment growth, flexibility and future financial security of your pension. What’s more, in a QROPS you won’t have to purchase an annuity, you can take a lump sum upon transfer and you can leave your un-spent pension to your beneficiaries.

Why? : You have full control of you pension.
Have I done it before?: Yes I have done this before and if there any complicated pensions transfers than I have people that can help me. One person that I used is a member of the Pensions Industry Working Group and helped HMRC plan and implement the UK taxation reforms which included QROPS so you can be sure that you are getting the best bespoke advice.

Who I am?: I have 20 years experience as an independent financial adviser in the UK, I ran my own London based company with 32 advisers. I now work with an international financial services company (AES Finance) which allows me to advise any expats living in Sweden. AES is licensed in all European Economic Area States and in the UAE and is directly authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Services Authority.
Have a look at this link http://www.expat-fina...­
Jiten C.
user 10227208
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 4
I will be holding a one hour free seminar for anyone who would like to know what options they have with there UK pension. The seminar will take place week commencing the 21st of November. Anyone that is interested please get in touch.
Take control of your UK pension before it is too late!
Jiten C.
user 10227208
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 5
Even if you haven't been away from the UK for 5 years, there are things you can do with your UK pension. Come along and see what options you have
Steve M
user 12772372
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 4
I will be holding a one hour free seminar for anyone who would like to know what options they have with there UK pension. The seminar will take place week commencing the 21st of November. Anyone that is interested please get in touch.
Take control of your UK pension before it is too late!

have you decided that date & time ?

/Stephen
Jiten C.
user 10227208
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 6
Hi Stephen,

There are going to be 2 seminars on the 29th. One at 5 pm and another at 7 pm. The address is Kungsgatan 37 Stockholm. If you can not make either of these, than a one to one meeting can be arranged that week.

BR Jiten
Steve M
user 12772372
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 6
OK great - should see you on the 29th then /S
Jiten C.
user 10227208
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 7
Which seminar do you want to come to 5pm or 7pm?
Jiten C.
user 10227208
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 8
The 5pm seminar now is fully booked. A few places left for the 7pm seminar. Anyone interested please get in touch ASAP