Interval running, good to mix with your normal running to get better results!
Everyone can participate since every interval running speed is in your own pace, and we get together in every rest phase!
See map http://goo.gl/maps/VSVnW for details refereed to in the text.
How it works:
- Warm up from the meeting point at the edge of "Sportgärdet" (Green dot on detailed map) close to Gärdets subway or blue bus no 1 (Storskärsgatan).
- Interval phase around one of the (Trails 1,2 & 3 on map).
Each interval running phase will be a certain time. 60-240s during that time you run at your own speed maximized for that time.
- Then when you hear my whistle you start walking slowly to rest! (but NO STOPPING!)
Everyone but the last person turns around and starts walking back, so the last person sort of collects everyone and we become a group again, it's after all a meetup! Rest phase is usually the same time as the running phase above.
- Repeat 2 & 3 until we complete the one of the green parts on the map.
- Then we jog back as cool down to the meeting place.
The interval time and trail will vary from one meetup to another to get variation and it will be decided when we meet at the starting point!
The total length of the trail will be about 8km (1.5 warm up, 5 interval, 1.5 cool down), and it should take about 1 hour.
Map with details:
There is a big map posted at the edge of Gärdet, a "painting" of The area, lets met in front of that.
Subway station Gärdet:
At the station take the exit towards "Askrikegatan", then walk straight out the doors about 50m to the street, then turn left and walk 250m and over the next street, and you are at the edge of Gärdet.
Bus 1 to "Frihamnen": After the bus has turned left (leaving Valhallavägen in a round about) get off at the stop "Storskärsgatan".
Then continue walk in the same direction as the bus, after 200m you will see the meeting point.