Queen City Game Club Message Board Hobby Gaming (Miniature War Games) › Interested in starting a Blood Bowl league

Interested in starting a Blood Bowl league

Alex
mountainjack
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 5
I know Blood Bowl is a little dated but was wondering if there was any interest in trying to put together a league. I have enough models to field one skaven, orc and human team (Only have one team painted up right now though.) Reply on this thread if you are interested, including what team/faction and any date/time preferences you have.
Marty C
WolfpackEE
Waxhaw, NC
Post #: 1
I've never played before but was actually talking to Tony (another member of this group) and getting a league together with some other local friends of ours. There was some interested we had thought about going in together getting the base game which has two teams in it. Might be something fun to look into and start later in the summer...since we might not have real football :-)
Alex
mountainjack
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 8
So I actually have a copy of both the 1st and second edition box sets that have been sitting around in my attic for about a decade now, so if you guys want to take it for a test drive I have plenty of parts (two fields and sets of passing templates, two base human and orc teams, plus some special player models and a skaven team). If you want to take it for a test drive, you can also browse through the different team lists, that way if you think you want something other than the base human/orc teams that come with the basic box set you can see whats available. I imagine you can pick up whole teams on ebay for any faction for a reasonable price. Check with tony and the others regarding any preferences on dates/times. I am open to hosting at my house - my only conflict right now is that just about every weekend for me between now and through the 4th of July holiday is out, so I would need to do a week night. After the 4th I will have a little more weekend availability.
Marty C
WolfpackEE
Waxhaw, NC
Post #: 2
That would be awesome!! That way some one can teach then we can focus on a race we'd like to build.
Now that softball season is over for us, weeknights would actually work. I'll reach to Tony
Erik T
netrimos
Huntersville, NC
Post #: 4
I am interested in this as well.
Alex
mountainjack
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 10
Sounds like we are off to a good start! If we could line six players total then we could do a league where everybody plays everyone else in the league twice for a total of 10 league games or something like that. Marty let me know when you hear back from Tony. We could maybe try and fit this in on the 'off Tuesday' night when the meetup group doesn't have an event planned.
Todd M
zephaus
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 1
I'd be interested; and off-Tuesdays sounds pretty good to me.

For those who haven't played in awhile, I recently played with some friends for a weekend tournament. They have been playing with the updated "Competition Rules," which you can find here:

http://www.games-work...­

Alex
mountainjack
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 15
Thanks for the link Todd, I will be sure to read up on the league rules as I am only familiar with the basic game rules.

Marty did you hear back from your group on their interest in participating and what dates/times work for you?
Chris M.
user 11530741
Rock Hill, SC
Post #: 2
I would be interested in this, and know one more that may be. We used to play BB a lot many years ago, and I still have a Skaven team painted... somehow lost or misplaced the others.

It's a great game for league play.
Alex
mountainjack
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 19
Well, we have at least five interested so far. I think if we can get six ideally that would make for enough variety for a fun league. Let's talk at the next meet up regarding a time to try and do a trial game for everyone to get familiar with the rules and to decide on teams everyone might interested in playing.