addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Queen City Game Club Message Board Looking for Players › LFP - Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition

LFP - Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition

Todd M
zephaus
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 5
I have managed to get a group together for A&A Anniversary Edition just once. I'd love to play it again.

The biggest hurdle is a game will last up to 6 hours, give or take a couple hours :) There are victory conditions we can adjust to speed up the game, if needed.

It supports 2 to 6 players, although 4 to 5 players gives a nice mix of nations to control.

If there is interest, I would be happy to host (South Charlotte area). Probably best to plan for a weekend afternoon into the evening, with dinner.

Any interest?
Alex
mountainjack
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 23
I am interested. Let me know if you pick up a few more players. A weekend evening would work better for me. My wife tends to be more forgiving if I get my gaming in after I get the kids to sleep. It may mean sacrificing some beauty sleep but that is ok by me if it works for others interested in playing.
charlescab
charlescab
Fort Mill, SC
Post #: 18
Im interested as well... Ive only played the regular A&A once but its a good beer and pretzels game. Weekends are usually tougher for me, I just wonder about the game length. With 4 or 5 I am thinking 4 hours? Am I right? My son may play too
Todd M
zephaus
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 6
WOTC suggests about 6 hours, although depending on the skill of the players, it can take more or less. I have played it in one evening, and they have some victory condition options that you can tweak to make for a shorter game.

I'm fine starting late, although it would probably make for a late night. What time is the kids' bed time, Alex?
Alex
mountainjack
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 24
Sorry for the delayed reply. The notifications for the message boards seem really hit or miss on meetup.com. 7:00 or 8:00 usually seems to work best for me.
Todd M
zephaus
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 7
Okay - I have to double-check before finalizing, but what if we did something around 7:30 pm on Friday or Saturday, Sept. 9 or 10?
Erik T
netrimos
Fort Mill, SC
Post #: 10
If you are interested in another player I could swing 7:30 on the 9th.
Todd M
zephaus
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 8
Yep - the more the merrier. 3-5 players is best.
Alex
mountainjack
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 27
I can do 7:30 on the 9th as well.
charlescab
charlescab
Fort Mill, SC
Post #: 19
I cant do. High school football game/daughter marching band