40 W 29th Street #306, New York, NY
Exciting workshop news. With your feedbacks and suggestion for workshop topics, I've created a new workshop program to help you pickup the needed skills faster and build the confidence to Produce and Light for any project.
In this new workshop format, you'll learn how to Produce, Light, Direct model and Communicate with your creative team, and learn how to take your images from RAW to finished using high-end retouching technique that's utilized at Digital Retouching Houses.
I recently moved to New York City to establish a base and setup a studio here in NYC in addition to working in LA. The next workshop is on Studio Fashion & Beauty and is scheduled for May 18-19 in Manhattan, New York. Below is the workshop info with additional info can be found at the workshop website shown below. Looking forward to seeing you in NYC.
Tony's website www.tonymaesto.com
STUDIO FASHION & BEAUTY
Sat-Sun, May 18-19, 2013
Time: 10am-6pm (both days)
Location: The Rise Studio NYC
40 W 29th Street #306
New York, NY 10001
Registration website www.tonymaesto.com/workshops
“SEE THE LIGHT” and take the guesswork out of lighting. This two-day hands-on workshop will give you a chance to acquire the lighting techniques and workflow to help you build the confidence to Produce and to Light for any project. In addition, you will have a chance to learn how to retouch Non-Destructively by using high-end retouching technique used as Digital Retouching Houses.
You’ll be working side-by-side with a top-notch team of agency models, makeup artist, hairstylist and wardrobe stylist to photograph marketable fashion and beauty images.
With the lighting, production, and post-production skills gained from this workshop, you’ll be on your way to create and promote your new body of work and set portfolio apart from your peers.
Day 1 - Shooting Fashion and Beauty
- Under Tony’s guidance, you’ll be working side-by-side with a top-notch team of agency models, makeup artist, hairstylist and wardrobe stylist to photograph marketable fashion and beauty images.
- Morning Session - Beauty Shoot (2 models, 2 looks)
- Afternoon Session – Fashion Shoot (2 models, 2 looks)
- Several lighting setups will be used to show you how to light from lookbook and catalog to dramatic editorial lighting.
- Learn how to direct and convey your concept to the models and the creative team.
Days 2 – Advanced Photo Retouching and Digital Workflow
- Process and work on your images taken from Day 1.
- Learn how to take your images from RAW to finished using high-end retouching technique that's utilized at Digital Retouching Houses.
- You'll learn how to retouch Non-Destructively by using the well-known Dodge and Burn technique. This high-end technique ensures to retain the skin texture and therefore giving the image a flawless and natural look.
- Utilize a suite of powerful plug-in filters to give your images the desired look-and-feel.
- Tether capture using Lightroom and Capture One.
- Photo Management and Cataloguing.
- Color Management and Monitor Calibration.
The class size is limited to 10 people to give you plenty of time to shoot, interact with the creative team and receive one-on-one instruction.
What to Bring
Day 1 - Camera and lenses
Day 2 - Laptop with Photoshop
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.