Success-411 New Haven Message Board › Need good web hosting companies.

Need good web hosting companies.

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi everyone,

I am currently using Nexcess.net as my web hosting company. They are very good except for one insurmountable problem. They will only provide tech support - or any support - by email. That means I can't call them to get any help.

Can you recommend good web hosting companies to me? Ones that have good TECH SUPPORT BY PHONE?

You can post it here or email me from my link on the members page.

Thanks.

Cheri
Phuc
user 9935879
Milford, CT
Post #: 71
I've had positive feedback from people using GoDaddy.com It's one of the hosts I suggest to my clients' and they were able to get the help that they needed by phone. I remember calling them a few years ago for information as well, about my domain. I believe I had to be put on hold for a bit, but afterward they answered my questions right away. Just note that they may be a more expensive host and might ask you if you want to buy this and that as well, so if you don't know what it is, you can ask, but don't hesitate to say nope, if you don't need it.

Oh yeah.. their navigation system and user interface may be confusing (as they have so many links/menus, sometimes I have a hard time finding things).. but I think their help files are pretty detailed.
A former member
Post #: 165
i personally dont like go daddy, but thats just me. i have used west host for over 10 years. they are great help and their C-Panel is excellent
Ginutis
user 9914840
Bronx, NY
Post #: 45
I personally use godaddy for most of my accounts. I also use another for a few other accounts.

Here is my take on godaddy:

Pros:
1.) Great rates
2.) always can get someone on the phone
3.) pretty straight forward control panel
4.) trust worthy and an industry leader
5.) reread point 4

Cons
1.) technical support is about ZERO

If you are new to hosting and website management in general then godaddy might not be for you. Their technical support is pretty much non existent. This means that if what you are looking to do does not work out of the box. If you have a friend, company, or a meetup group like this one or others that you can reach out to for help, then I would say go with godaddy.

Years ago I have had so many horror stories due to shady, over hyped, and down right scammers operating so called web hosts. They promise the world and deliever nothing. I know there are many other good hosting companies out there. I just personally like godaddy for my needs. I own over 265 domain names, so the domain name club benefits me. There domain name rates are probably the best.

Do your research and understand your current and near future needs.

Hope this helped.
Domenick
user 5527978
Norwalk, CT
Post #: 4
Hi Cheri,

I use All Web Hosting www.webhostingpad.com as my web hosting company. They were very cheap (around $30 for the year for both the domain name and website). My website is just a personal homepage to display my portfolio for job searching so it's not very involved but I had to call Tech Support when I set it up as I didn't quite know what I was doing. They were helpful.

Domenick
Martin M.
user 9633835
Westport, CT
Post #: 2
Hi Cheri,

I have been dealing with hosting companies since 1997. The most important thing I have found with hosting is the support. I have used West Host, GoDaddy, Aplus, pier, Apollo, hostgator, bluehost, rackspace, liquidweb and many more.

As far as support availability, response and tech knowledge my favorites are:

Hostgator for shared cheap hosting (I've been using for 2 years - I host 20 wordpress sites here)

Liquidweb for shared hosting and Virtual Private Servers (I've been using for 3 years - I host 27 websites here with their VPS)

Rackspace for managed dedicated servers (I've been using for for 6 years - I have 2 dedicated servers with over 70 ecommerce websites)

It all depends on your budget and your hosting requirements.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Martin