Event Organizer Requirements
Hello Potential Event Organizers,
This document is meant to provide some details on what is expected of Event Organizers for the Sushi, Sake and Beyond group.
An EO is a role offered by Meetup.com for those who wish a more active role in a group without having to be the owner of the whole thing. Basically, an EO can schedule events and make certain changes to existing events but can not do things like change the layout of the site, delete members, and so on.
Also, being an EO is free, so you don't have pay anything and you get the massive bragging rights that come with th EO title. ;-)
This group follows Meetup.coms code of conduct and guidelines for running a group. Beyond that, I have a couple additional things I look for to ensure we have a solid calendar of events. Here are my expectations of the EO's:
- You have been to at least two events before asking to be made an EO.
- You will schedule one event of your own within six months of becoming an EO. This represents a minimum target, I hope you will schedule more.
- Please stick mainly to events centered on ethnic foods from around the world. The group has best turnout for Indian and Asian cuisine (of course Sushi is our absolute favorite). Avoid things like hamburgers, hotdogs or other standard American fare.
- Arrive a few minutes before the scheduled time to make sure the venue is set up (usually 5 min will do)
- You DO NOT need to collect dues from attendees. I will absorb the cost of running the group.
- Feel free to e-mail the group with ideas for places to go, but leave the administrative issues to me.
These rules are pretty straight forward, but I wanted to take the time to write them down because I have noticed that without them, the group has become less active than I would like. This lets everyone know the ground rules. I will keep tabs on the group to assure our calendar is healthy. Any EO not meeting guidelines will be removed from the leadership team.
If you are interested in being an Even Organizer, please feel free to contact me.