The Indianapolis Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Naked Tchopstix review

Naked Tchopstix review

Dan
user 2928416
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 11
Martin, Karyn and I met at Naked Tchopstix.. after a couple of phone calls from Martin when he wasn't able to find the place on a rather dark and stormy night.

I guess the bad weather kept attendence down. Well all I can say is that you missed a real treat! Naked Tchopstix is very, very good.

Food: A+

I had a corona roll: lime, scallop, tuna and something else. Absolutely wonderful! The salmon and sea bass nigiri was perfectly fresh. Martin and Karyn's rolls were very tasty too! (I snuck one of their crunchy roll pieces in trade for one of my corona roll pieces.) The presentation was very pretty, the rolls and nigiri nicely arranged with a corner piece that was very elegant and several dabs of sauce arranged around the platter. By far the nicest arrangement I've seen in Indy!

Service: A

Very good service! Eventhough the place was busy the owner (manager?) came out and talked to us about how we were enjoying our food and talked to us about how he had fish flown in from Hawaii every morning.

Price: B+

Considering the quality the price was very reasonable. I spent $27 for tea, edemame, one (one of their more expensive rolls) roll, salmon nigiri and sea bass nigiri. A bit more expensive than some places but worth it.

Atmosphere: B+

Nice cafe, a bit loud but everyone there was having fun.

Overall: A

Great food! Wonderful presentation. Not a very large restaurant so you may need reservations during peak times.