addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Indianapolis Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Sakura review

Sakura review

Dan
user 2928416
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 12
On a rather cold night, 6 of us met at Sakura for sushi and fun!

When I got back from Sakura I found that a total of 11 people had RSVP'd yes for this event..Several RSVP'ing after 5pm: Luckily not everyone showed up who RSVP'd because I only reserved a table for 6!

On to the review:

Food A+:

I got a nigiri deluxe selection and every last piece of nigiri was very good. That might have been the first time I had a selection like that and couldn't select one or two pieces that weren't quite as fresh as the rest. Even the roe was very good and I'm not a big roe fan.

Service B:

The service was good but the food took a long time and came in fits and starts. I felt bad for "Dude" who's food took 10 minutes longer than everyone elses!

Price A:

The nigiri deluxe was not only very good but it was very reasonably priced, $16.95 for nine pieces of nigiri and a tuna roll.. and the tea was free!

Atmosphere B-:

Don't know why restaurants think putting stone tiles on the wall is a good idea. The place was crowded and very noisy.

Overall A-:

Wonderful food.. I'd be happier at a quieter time but the sushi is great.

Dan
A former member
Post #: 70
Sakura is very popular amongst Americans. The Japanese prefer to avoid the place because its laid out like a seedy hostess bar in Japan. It's noisy, service is sporatic and the sushi offered is the "American version."