Dan
user 2928416
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 18
11 people showed up at Asaka for sushi happy hour and dinner. What a great crowd! Asaka has a special short "happy hour" menu from 5-7 every weekday. It's an amazing deal .. $1 nigiri and $2 and $2.50 rolls.

Food B: Everything seemed to be fresh and tasty. Susan and I split a monster sushi boat and the nigiri was all good: The tuna and eel I thought were especially good. Some of the pieces on the monster sampler weren't quite as good...

Service A-: They kept everything coming with a smile.

Price A+: Even the regular prices here are very reasonable. The happy hour prices are really great... The $40 sushi boat (for two!) could have fed 3 or 4 and came with soup, salad and a tempura ice cream desert. I ate far too much and we still needed help finishing off all that nigiri!

Atmosphere B: Japanese restaurant decor: Prints and calenders on the walls, wooden dividers between seating areas. Plenty of seating space for our group and their regular customers.

Overall B+ Great sushi value!
A former member
Post #: 6
My first and best Sushi experience happened here. 8 years ago maybe. A friend convinced me to try sushi. It was amazing. The chef entertained us and fed us special treats as we sat and sipped sake. It was magical watching him wield his blade.

I have never had an experience like that since. In fact a few months later I went back and had the "angry" sushi chef. NO SOUP FOR YOU kinda guy. It took me a couple years before I tried Asaka again.

I want that first chef again. Closest I have gotten is Ichiban Noodle shop. "shrug"
A former member
Post #: 67
The restaurant has changed hands a few times. I took a large group there once and we got very poor service. Rumor has it in the Japanese community that there's new ownershp recenlty. Therefore, I'm hoping the food and service has improved a great deal.