align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Indianapolis Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Ichiban Review

Ichiban Review

Dan
user 2928416
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 25
Ok, I've been terribly lazy.. no reviews for months!

We went to Ichiban on US31 south last night.. The place isn't easy to find. It's in a small strip mall hidden behind some shops just north of the Nissan dealership.

Food: B+ Everything I had was tasty. The roll that I had that used mango, the mango could have been better. Good wasabi, it managed to make me tear up at one point and I noticed that it got Erika also. The presentation was very nice, the pink dragon roll that E&P ordered had a head and tail and snaked across their plate.

Service: A Very good, from hot towels to constantly refilled tea...

Price: B About average prices for good quality sushi in Indianapolis, two rolls, one nigiri, edamame and tea set me back right at $25.

Atmosphere: B Nice seating, some private booths and rooms. Not sure I really need the flat panel TVs on the wall with sports on when I go out for sushi though.

Overall B+

A good choice and very convenient if you're on the southside and don't want to go all the way north to find sushi.