The Indianapolis Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › New Year Japanese Classes

New Year Japanese Classes

Life Long L.
user 2922926
Carmel, IN
Post #: 3
For those of us Japanese food conesuers who also have interests in Japanese language and culture, I want to share some info on some upcoming classes and workshops. Some of us may not have time to begin classes this November or December due to typical year end professional projects, so fun folks might like to know about New Year classes to help with New Year's resolution setting.

Sign-ups have begun for IUPUI Continuing Learning Network's Conversation Japanes class. My friends tell me this is a very fun class and great teacher. And its very inexpensive in terms of hours for dollars for those who need learning on a budget. It costs $150 for 16 hours instruction. The class runs Thursday evenings, February 18-March 25, 2010, so its very easy to plan ahead. Early-bird registration has begun at www.cln.iupui.edu.

My business colleagues who study there told me registrations have also begun for January courses begininng at the private Indy Japanese Classroom, Kanji Kyanpu. The annual program is for more students who want a more serious learning system. The program apparently runs January to December with the program culminating in world proficiency examinations. They offer 3D and in person classes. Registration paperwork can be found at www.KanjiCamp.info with other contact info.

The Indy Japan Network will also be offering a variety of Japanese language lessons and culture classes starting in January. The website is under revision, so anyone interested in cultural crafts or other Japanese events, can call 317-348-0129 to speak in English or Japanese. I found it best to leave a message.

Well know this is a little off topic, but hope interested folks find the info helpful.