The Indianapolis Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Japanese-owned/managed sushi places in Indy?

Japanese-owned/managed sushi places in Indy?

A former member
Post #: 2
Can anyone tell me which sushi haunts in and around Indy are Japanese owned?

The only ones I'm aware of (and has this changed?) are Asaka, Ocean World and Sakura ...

I ask for a very odd reason, and that is that I have a disease that requires that I eat gluten free. So much in Japanese cuisine (including soy sauce) contains wheat and/or barley, it can get quite complicated.

I have special cards for Japanese restaurants that are WRITTEN in Japanese language, so there is no misunderstanding about my food needs. Believe me, it does me no good when the owners, kitchen and sushi prep staffs are Korean, Chinese or Cambodian. My card is also written in English, but ... well, sometimes that might as well be the same as Russian.

Ha ha and there is another reason. It seems that only Japanese-owned sushi places stock (and know what I'm asking for) when I request Nanami Togarshi (assorted chili pepper) -- which is my favorite condiment.
Dan
user 2928416
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 29
I don't think Ocean World and Sakura are Japanese owned (unless it's changed, they're part of True World Group, Inc.) but Asaka seems to be.

A former member
Post #: 2
I know the owners of Ocean World & Sakura.. they're Japanese.. biggrin
Mayme
Mayme
Fishers, IN
Post #: 15
I'm a regular at Asaka, and the owner/operator is Japanese, from Tokyo