At the present time (1:30am Wednesday), the weather forecast for the period of the sushi meetup tomorrow (Thursday) night in Providence is for potentially significant amounts of rain, possibly as much as two inches. While rain would not ordinarily result in the postponement of the sushi meetup, this is a severe weather event that is expected to bring dangerous icing conditions far to the northwest of Providence, in southern New Hampshire and western Massachusetts. The current forecast predicts that Providence will remain a few degrees above freezing, 35-37F, preventing any possibility of icing.
As with any severe weather event, however, the situation is subject to change. If the forecast is revised to expect a significant chance of temperatures dropping below freezing and causing dangerous icing conditions in Providence, then I will consider postponing the sushi meetup. I will watch the forecast carefully as it develops and release updates via e-mail to the subscribers of the sushi meetup mailing list and the message board -- http://www.meetup.com/sushi-ri/messages/boards/
-- at meetup.com.
I will announce a final decision about postponement no later than 3:00pm on the day of the event (tomorrow). Please make an effort to keep up to date about status.
In the event that postponement becomes necessary, the rescheduled date will be one week later, Thu, Dec. 18.