addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Rhode Island Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Sushi meetup: GALAXIE (Cranston), Thu, Nov 10, 7:00pm

Sushi meetup: GALAXIE (Cranston), Thu, Nov 10, 7:00pm

Zigamorph
zigamorph
Group Organizer
Providence, RI
This month we try out a new sushi venue that was suggested by a member. I have known this restaurant for a couple of decades as I used to live in the area, but they only about six months ago added a full sushi bar. It's a surprisingly convenient location at least for two members of the group who work nearby and four members of the group who live nearby.

Despite similarity of name, this Galaxie is NOT affiliated with the more well known Jacky's Galaxy chain. They used to have a sign on the door explaining that.

WARNING: Galaxie is no longer BYOB.

For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/sushi-ri/events/36581752/­

When: Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Galaxie Restaurant
957 Reservoir Ave (1 mi south of Park Ave)
Cranston, RI

Directions:

From I-95: Use Exit 14-B onto RI-37 westbound, then Exit 2-B onto RI-2 (New London Ave becoming Reservoir Ave) northbound. In 2 mi, the restaurant will be on your left.

From I-295: Use Exit 3-A onto RI-37 eastbound, then Exit 2-B onto RI-2 (New London Ave becoming Reservoir Ave) northbound. In 2 mi, the restaurant will be on your left.

The RIPTA 21 bus goes directly past the restaurant, departing Kennedy Plaza at 5:56pm and arriving at 6;22pm. For the return trip, the RIPTA 22 bus runs quite late but only comes as close as Rolfe Square, a little less than a mile away.

IMPORTANT: If you use web or GPS directions, you will likely be routed via RI-10 onto RI-2 southbound. I have deliberately avoided this path because the restaurant is actually slightly closer to RI-37 and the Garden City Shopping Center than it is to Reservoir Triangle, but more importantly I am helping you avoid about 20 traffic lights.

This Meetup repeats on the 2nd Thursday of every month.

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.