The Rhode Island Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Sushi meetup: TOKYO (Providence), Thu, Mar 14, 7:00pm

Sushi meetup: TOKYO (Providence), Thu, Mar 14, 7:00pm

Zigamorph
zigamorph
Group Organizer
Providence, RI
Come join us in celebrating the Sushi Meetup's 8th year anniversary! We return to our ancestral home, the place where it all began back in  March  2005.

We have reserved the tatami room floor space, so come prepared to remove your shoes and dine in traditional and authentic Japanese style.

The restaurant is BYOB, but on request will supply "choko" (small cups) and "tokkuri" (flasks or carafes) for sake which they will also warm and prepare in the traditional manner.

WARNING: Extensive changes have been made to the highway system in Providence. IF YOU IGNORE MY CAREFULLY HAND-WRITTEN DIRECTIONS AND TRY TO RELY ON GPS OR ANYTHING ELSE, YOU MAY END UP SWIMMING IN THE PROVIDENCE RIVER.

For more details, see the full listing:

http://www.meetup.com/sushi-ri/events/100771082/­

When: Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:00 PM

Where: Tokyo Restaurant
388 Wickenden Street (corner of Hope Street)
Providence, RI 02903
(401)331-5330

Directions:

From I-95 northbound: Take exit 20, at end of ramp turn right onto Point St eastbound. Continue across the Point Street Bridge over the river as the road turns into Wickenden St. The restaurant will be on the left at the top of the hill, at the corner with Hope St.

From I-95 southbound: Take exit 21, bear left and continue through to 6th traffic light at which turn hard left onto Point St eastbound.  (Note: the traffic lights in order are Atwells Ave, Broadway, Washington St, Westminster St, Broad St, and Point St.)  Cross over I-95 and continue across the Point Street Bridge over the river as the road turns into Wickenden St. The restaurant will be on the left at the top of the hill, at the corner with Hope St.

RIPTA: The 92 route (Green Trolley) goes directly past the restaurant. AVOID the 42 route which no longer comes any closer than the intersection of Thayer St and Angell St, about a 15 minute walk.

This Meetup repeats on the 2nd Thursday of every month.

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.